Sunday, December 26, 2010

AKB48 and Arashi in Music Station Superlive 2010

I spent a lonely Christmas eve at home watching Music Station Superlive 2010. Yeah, I know, that sounds kinda loser-ish but I like my 'Me Time'. 

Anyway, I was most impressed by AKB48 and Arashi's performances.


AKB48's Special Medley of Beginner, Ponytail to Shushu, and Heavy Rotation. 

あっちゃん (Acchan) was caught by the camera in an unfortunate timing when she fell down at 1:35! Well, that is the risk involved in live telecast TV programmes. She blogged about it and mentioned how embarrassed she was. But she's cute, so she will be pardoned for any mistakes she makes! Haha!


Arashi's Special Medley of Monster, Love Rainbow and Troublemaker. I love Troublemaker! 

AKB48 and Arashi are definitely the biggest stars this year in the Jpop scene. Just look at Oricon's Top 10 Singles CD Ranking for 2010! 

No. 1 - Beginner / AKB48 
No. 2 - Heavy Rotation / AKB48 
No. 3 - Troublemaker / Arashi 
No. 4 - Monster / Arashi 
No. 5 - Ponytail to Shushu / AKB48
No. 6 - Hatenai Sora / Arashi 
No. 7 - Love Rainbow / Arashi 
No. 8 - Chance no Junban / AKB48 
No. 9 - Dear Snow - Arashi 
No. 10 - To be free - Arashi 

2010 is dominated by AKB48 and Arashi! That leaves me to wonder, are there no other Jpop artistes in Japan??? 

The AKB48 and Arashi phenomenon has swept the nation by storm, and even the kids in the elementary schools that I have visited sang their songs to me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment