Saturday, May 7, 2011

Japan Travels Special - Yokohama

Hello! Here is a belated Japan Travels Special post, before I run outside to get some lunch on this rainy Saturday. No more food at home.

Yokohama, cousin of Odaiba (I just made that up haha)! I have been there 3 times so far, and it's a pretty cool place to check out. It's a nice and refreshing change from the usual hustle and bustle of downtown Tokyo.

Chinatown 中華街. 

Dragons guarding the entrance of Chinatown. 

Chinese Supermarket. 



Omg these buns are so freakin' cute can???? 

Yokohama has its fair share of weirdos on streets. 



Ladies and gentlemen, to your left is the famous Landmark Tower. Standing at 296.3m, it is the tallest building in Japan. 

A cute Peter Panda shirt sold in the souvenir store. 


妈祖庙。

关帝庙。

More buns. 

The last time I was at Yokohama was during a meetup with Tom and Sakie from Ephemeral by Design 
(previously Exotic Japan) and Thanh Thao from Rainy Days Never Stays

We went to this fantastic Brazilian BBQ restaurant where we were served lotsa yummy meat. I remember exclaiming excitedly about how long it had been since I had meat. I LOVE MEAT! 


All-you-can-eat MEAT buffet is too awesome. 

The staff walked around with spearsful (eh, no such word?), I mean, spears with heaps of meat and asked if you would like a serving of various meat they were serving. 

Fancy more meat? Display the green token to indicate your interest. 
Yes please! 

Red to say 'No, thanks!'. 

Guess what meat this is. 
Chicken heart! Not a big fan of organs, but they taste pretty ok. 

Thanks to Tom and Sakie for bringing us to such a fab restaurant! We had such a great time, talking and laughing the night away. They are living in Singapore now, so I will be seeing them pretty often when I go back. Hooray for that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment