Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My Makku - Cheese Fondue Burger

Hello! Here I am again with a new post!

And this marks the beginning of a new series of blog posts that I call 'My Makku'. 'Makku' is the short form for McDonald's in Japan. If you would like to know, McDonald's is known as 'Makudonarudo' in distinctively Japanized English.

A Makku near my place. 

In the 'My Makku' series, I will be posting photos of some of the interesting food items exclusively available in Japan, and I will be reviewing them. Getting the ball rolling today is....

THE CHEESE FONDUE BURGER!

When I first saw the poster, I had to control myself from screaming with delight, cos I am obsessively in love with CHEESE. And I love cheese fondue! 

And so...

Here it is!

Can you feel my excitement???? 
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Verdict: Meh for Meh-diocre (Hahaha I'm so witty!)

The chicken patty was not as juicy and dripping-wet-with-cheese-fondue as I thought it would be. I love cheese fondue for its strong and distinctive taste, and I did taste a bit of fondue in the burger, but it was not as cheesy as I hoped it would be. And too much lettuce! 

Overall, it was quite disappointing, cos I was really really excited about trying the burger. (T_T) And I paid 680yen (SGD10) for a set meal which includes fries and a drink. So expensive! (T_T) 

Anyway, Makku has this series of chicken burgers lined up and they call it the 'iCon'Chicken'. Here's a sneak preview of the upcoming burgers!


Sneak peek at iCon'Chicken!

The next burger in line is the GERMAN SAUSAGE burger. Just hearing the name of the burger makes me drool! Even though the Cheese Fondue burger was sadly disappointing, the eternal optimist in me is really looking forward to try the German Sausage burger! XD~

With the series of iCon'Chicken burger, McDonald's has came up with some campaign ad. If you are in the mood of some lighthearted silliness, you can watch the iCon'Chicken Dance below!



Here are more photos I took in Makku.

Some kids hogging up the seats, even though it was the rush hour dinner time and there were clearly people waiting to get seated. Tsk tsk tsk. I see this situation often in Singapore too. We should educate the young to be more considerate and not be so oblivious to the surroundings! 

Useless but cute Chibi Maruko toy which comes with the Happy Meal, except in Japan, they call it 'Happy Set'.

Does Ronald look livelier and gayer (gay as in happy) in Japan?

Ok, will blog again soon! Bye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment